Date: 8/26/17 3:16 pm
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: Marion County
I hit a few of the ebird hotspots in Marion County this AM starting with
the park in Peabody and the Peabody cemetery (Park okay with the usual and
the cemetery dead in terms of birds) followed by the 150th street and
Cottonwood River bridge south of Marion where I had a Wilson's Warbler
among a good mix of other birds. Two massive kingfishers on the electric
line appeared out of place just west of the bridge. Marion Res. Dam hosted
a bunch of Franklin's Gulls and an Osprey that picked up a good sized fish
by the beach on the east side of the dam. The upper end of the lake at
Durham Cover had plenty of Pelicans and Cormorants. By 11:00 songbirds
were quiet and I called it quits. No spoonbills! 51 species total.

Breakfast at the PamLee Bakery in Marion which is worth a stop any day for
scones, muffins and rolls. Neat little place with friendly staff and a
clean neat seating area (not the basic donut shop plastic appearance).
Highly recommended.

Gregg Friesen

--
Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen