Date: 8/26/17 1:59 pm
From: Joe Coleman via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Birds seen Blue Ridge Center (Lo Co) Aug 26
Nine people showed up on a beautiful late summer morning for the regular
(every 4th Sat.) bird walk by the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy at the Blue
Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship. The beautiful sky and
temperatures which encouraged long sleeves and even a couple of jackets had
us hoping for some fall migrants and while we found a few, we found more
late summer activity. The cooler temps meant a lot fewer butterflies (except
for lots of Northern Pearly-eyes) than we've seen lately. We did enjoy
seeing several Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Indigo Buntings, Cedar Waxwings
scattered around in a number of locations, Scarlet Tanagers in various
plumages, along with three dif. vireo species (but not rare ones). Among the
birds seen were several juveniles including a Black-and-white Warbler and a
Hairy WP.

For a list of the birds see below.

Next Sunday, Sept. 3 at 9 am, there will be a Birds, Butterflies, and
Wildflower walk along Butterfly Alley at the center; while everyone is
welcome, registration is required (a note to me is fine).

Information on the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship can be
found at <http://www.blueridgecenter.org> http://www.blueridgecenter.org.

Information on the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy and its many free activities
can be found at <http://www.loudounwildlife.org> www.loudounwildlife.org
<http://www.loudounwildlife.org> .

Good birding,

Joe Coleman

Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship, Loudoun, Virginia, US Aug
26, 2017 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM

Protocol: Traveling

2.0 mile(s)

Comments: Regular monthly Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy bird walk at Blue
Ridge Center

39 species (+2 other taxa)

Black Vulture 1

Turkey Vulture 4