Date: 8/26/17 11:14 am
From: Rick Bowes <rbowes...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 8/24 Duxbury Beach - King Eider w/2 Scoter species (pix)
At the last stop of my Thursday run of the ISS shorebird census, I found the
"bird of the day": a King Eider! What made it particularly bizarre is that
in the same exact location were two out-of-season male Scoters - a Black and
a White-winged. I was even able to get all 3 oddities in a single photo!
(http://www.pbase.com/image/166090053).

Narrative and documentation photos (9) are here:
http://www.pbase.com/rickbowes/20170824_king_eider.

To view photos singly, click the first thumbnail and use the "next" and
"previous" links in the upper right corner to navigate.

ISS postings through 8/24 to follow soon.

Join us on Facebook!