Date: 8/26/17 9:40 am
From: Tim Spahr <tspahr44...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Westborough WMA ragweed fields
Hi Birders,

Given the success we had looking for Connecticut Warblers last fall in
Westborough WMA, I figured I'd update birders on the status of those
areas. Good news is that the fields that held the birds last year look
just about the same! It is still a touch early so I did not have any luck,
but there were plenty of other birds around to keep me busy.

To remind folks, or introduce others to the information: last year several
(and pretty reliable!) Connecticut Warblers were using squash and pumpkin
fields overgrown with ragweed. My eBird checklist below has a map that
should steer anyone in the right direction should they head out. Just go
for the fields labeled 'RAGWEED'.

Time permitting, I'll check these fields every few days. I'm excited to
find out if last year's good show was anomalous, or if we can find similar
numbers of Connecticut Warblers this year.

good birding

Tim Spahr
Marlborough
<tspahr44...>