Date: 8/26/17 8:10 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today August 26
Hi all,

Quite a few birders out today but no sign of yesterday's Olive-sided. As is usual after a cold front, not as many migrants either. And unfortunately, the park decided to start mowing very early along Pine Lake so this area, usually so productive, was birdless. Robins everywhere, lots of Orioles and Pewees but only five species of warbler, a couple of interesting Empids and a smattering of other migrants. We are off to Maine next week so when we get back, the cast of characters should have changed!

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

46 species (+2 other taxa)
Birds of interest:

Wood Duck 3
Great Blue Heron 1 Flyover
Green Heron 1 Brookside
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2
Hairy Woodpecker (Eastern) 1
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 6
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee 10 At least
Acadian Flycatcher 2
Alder/Willow Flycatcher (Traill's Flycatcher) 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Eastern Kingbird 2
Warbling Vireo (Eastern) 1