Date: 8/25/17 3:25 pm
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Larned BBWD Update / 25 August
The family of Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks at the south end of Ward Feed
Yard to the SE of Larned were still present this evening, 25 August. I saw
2 adults and happily got a full count of 9 juveniles. The young birds are
growing fast and have now developed the white wing patches typical of the
adult plumage. I think they're still a week or two away from flight, but it
might not be too long now.

A modest number of shorebirds were at this same pond with one Semipalmated
Plover the rarest of those I could identify.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to