Date: 8/25/17 3:21 pm
From: Dyl Pedro via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] SE CT Highlights 8/25
At Harkness this morning, 3 Bonaparte's Gulls, a Common Raven, a movement of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and a Gray Fox were the main highlights.

After work I birded around Shennecosset/Eastern Point/Avery Point in Groton.

Offshore Avery Point was an increasing number of Laughing Gulls (6-7 compared to just 1 last week).

Eastern Point Road Pond is finally down to the mud, and the sandpipers numbers are reflective: 24 Semipalmateds, 50 Leasts and 1 Spotted, including many juveniles. Also an immature Little Blue Heron and perhaps the most Great Egrets I've seen here: 26.

Shenny Beach Pond across the street was also somewhat low, but only had a single Great Egret.

Good birding

Dylan Pedro

Waterford