Date: 8/25/17 11:05 am
From: Sargent, Bob <bob.sargent...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Dead eagle report from DeKalb County
Birders,

One of yesterday's posts pertained to a possible dead bald eagle in DeKalb County. Georgia DNR is looking into this, as we do with respect to reports of any injured or dead eagle. This would be an unusual location for an eagle. Please note that their remains are regulated by federal and state law. A federal permit is required in order to have one of these birds or their remains in one's possession. If anyone has additional information about this carcass, especially a photo, please send it to me or the nearest GA DNR Wildlife Resources Division office. You can find a list of the agency's offices and their geographical jurisdictions at georgiawildlife.com/about/contact

In Georgia, bald eagle research and conservation programs fall under the responsibility of DNR/WRD's Nongame Conservation Section, which has offices in Social Circle, Mansfield, Forsyth, and Brunswick.

Thank you,
Bob Sargent
GA DNR/WRD
Forsyth