Date: 8/25/17 10:48 am
From: DEBRA M POWERS <dmp2ec...>
Subject: [NHBirds] update sandhill crane rollinsford
I wanted to update using the computer, my last post was from my phone and I hate auto-correct! Anyway, I am concerned that this bird has no fear of people, it actually almost got hit while I was observing it. I was across the road taking a pic ( but not directly across from it) and it walked right towards me, I could hear a truck coming and made movements to try to get it to cross, it was not in any hurry. I also had another report that it has hanging out near a truck in the farm yard earlier, when this car stopped to take a pic it walked right up to it, they got a great one with the cell phone...lol. These behaviors seem to be the same as the one that I observed in Milton, could this be possible? Another thought, are these birds raised by exotic farmers, could it have escaped from something like that. If anyone goes to observe it be aware that the farm up on the hill across from the field that it was in yelled at me to leave it alone? IDK what there problems was, I was not near it at all, standing on the side of the road, but left right after in fear that it would come back into the road to see me.

Thanks

Deb Powers-South Berwick Maine

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143862779@N08/36402655620/in/dateposted-public/