Date: 8/24/17 5:05 pm
From: 'Ryan Fick' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] Re: Glossy Ibis

I also saw both birds present and were there when I left at 1955. What was just as special was a lesser yellow legs that I saw missing one of its namesake legs. This bird fed effortlessly hopping on its single usable limb. I was entertained and inspired by this little fella as I watched him/her for awhile. I also heard 2 great horned owls while being sysemantically devoured by local mosquitoes. They've been a very hard bird for me to track down in Montgomery Co.  It sounded as if one was lower pitched than the other, which I believe I remember reading at some point allows you to distinguish between the sexes.
Ryan FickBethesda, MD.