Date: 8/24/17 4:54 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Wachusett Mountain (24 Aug 2017) Raptors

Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 0 8 8

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 14:00:00
Total observation time: 6 hours

Official Counter: Rod Chase

Observers:

Visitors:
hikers Don Richardson, Glenn Lawrence returned.
>From 10am-12pm we and various hikers were inundated by a
few hundred water workers having a luncheon at the ski
area. They came up the lift with their drinks in
hand and soon I was 'on the rocks' for old times sake.
Gee, the trees are even taller this year.

Weather:
8am: 20C/68F; NW breeze 8-13kph/5-8mph; 5% overcast w/
light cirrus; "permahaze" left Vis. at 40km/25mi.
9am: 22C/72F; small cumulus on N thru W horizon.
10am: NW wind now 0-8kph/0-5mph; cumulus filled in, 50%
overcast.
11am: 23C/73F.
Noon: wind to W until 1pm, then back to NW 'til 2pm.
At 2pm, as I was leaving 24C/75F; NW wind 0-5kpm/0-3mph.

Raptor Observations:
Locals only: TV 14; RT 12 -- at least 8 were immatures

Non-raptor Observations:
Raven 7, baby Gray Catbird feeding and being fed, Tree
and Barn Swallows 4 each. Towhees - sounding off but not seen.

Predictions:
Similar.
Report submitted by Rod Chase (<rodchase...>)
Wachusett Mountain information may be found at:
www.massbird.org/emhw

Join us on Facebook!