Date: 8/24/17 12:45 pm
From: Carol Lambert or Jeff Sewell <lambertsewell...>
Subject: [GABO-L] AAS field trip to Clayton Co. this Sunday
We will be leading an Atlanta Audubon trip to the Clayton Co. Water Authority sites on Sunday. We’ll meet at the Wetlands Center (2755 Freeman Rd., Hampton 30228) at 8am. Hopefully we’ll find some early Fall migrants along the trails there. The building will not be open on Sunday, but the restroom will. If you arrive after 8, just join the group on the wetlands trail, going to the right where it first splits.
Then we’ll carpool to the Huie ponds, hopefully finding some shorebirds, raptors and early waterfowl. We’ll also visit the Shamrock & Blalock reservoirs, which has had great wading birds this summer.

Carol Lambert & Jeff Sewell
<lambertsewell...>
678-758-4551 Carol’s cell

Please bring binoculars. A spotting scope would be helpful, if you have one. Children 9 years and up are welcome if they are really interested in birds. Restrooms are available at the wetlands center.
Directions and parking: Visit www.ccwa.us/driving-directions for more detailed directions. Coming from the South: Take I-75 N to Exit 221. Turn left onto Jonesboro Rd. Go 6.3 miles then turn right onto Freeman Rd. Go 1.3 miles to the Newman Wetlands Center on your left.
Coming from the North: Take I-75 S to Exit 235. Go south on Tara Blvd. for 8 miles, then turn left onto Freeman Rd. Travel 2.5 miles to Newman Wetlands Center on your right.
Meet at the Newman Wetlands Center parking lot at 2755 Freeman Rd., Hampton, GA 30228.
Google these coordinates for a map or program your GPS: 33.471926, -84.305015.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>