Date: 8/24/17 12:20 pm
Subject: Blue-winged Warbler and other birds at "The Orchard " Road
Birded with Mark Thomas (finally another birder in Spruce Pine!) at the Orchard this morning and saw only one small to medium size flock between appro. 8:15 and 8:45 am. However, the flock had great diversity
with Worm-eating, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Green, Hooded, Am. Redstart, Parula and the Blue-winged. The latter was a life bird for Mark. I had told him that I only saw a very few during the Fall migration and the lower Orchard Road was the best place for them! I also saw a probable Blackburnian at the Orchard. Late yesterday I saw a Blackburnian and a Black-throated Blue Warbler at the cabin to make nine Warbler species in the space of a day. Fall migration is on!

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=XvQooqApOGIHnfhX23kiGu2gHAy4MjPD8VO6etH3hbc&s=lWoJ7BsOOpnpEF5rr82imBF4nEmkQZmQRpdEc2dkpIg&e=

Join us on Facebook!