Date: 8/24/17 12:03 pm
From: Teresa Lyle <teresalyle...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Atlanta Audubon Field Trip: Constitution Lakes, August 25, 2017
Field Trip: Constitution Lakes
Friday 8/25 8:00AM
Constitution Lakes, (DeKalb County)
Co-sponsored by Friends of Constitution Lakes

Leaders: Joy Carter and Mary Kimberly
Cell contacts morning of walk: 404.822.0030 (Joy); 404.308.6279 (Mary)

Birding Focus: We'll look for summer residents and maybe a few early migrants. The site consists of open water, wetlands, and woodlands. Herons and egrets are often seen here. The site is also very good for woodpeckers. The trail is either paved or dirt and mostly gentle terrain. Waterproof shoes or boots are recommended if it has recently rained. Insect repellent is recommended. There are no restrooms so be sure to prepare ahead of time.

Directions and Parking: Google these coordinates for map or program your GPS: 33.68306, -84.34740. From I-20 take Exit 60 and go south on Moreland Ave. Drive 4.3 miles to intersection with S. River Industrial Blvd. SE and take a left turn. Take a slight right into the park, marked by a DeKalb County parks sign. The parking lot will be all the way at the end of this road. Meet in the gravel parking loop at the end of this driveway. Do not bring any valuables that you do not plan to carry with you.

Teresa Lyle
Field Trip Coordinator, AAS
404-695-7928

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>