Date: 8/24/17 10:15 am
Subject: Re: Important conservation issues
It may be that by laying out a brief sum of money (virtually nothing
compared to what we spend on bins, scopes, birding trips, etc.) and joining
groups such as Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, Friends of
the Earth, etc., etc. you can pick up on the action alerts. I know it is
hard to stay on top of a lot of these issues and have a life as well but
making the phone call, writing the email to Congress, signing the petition
takes very little time & effort. I was certainly heartened by seeing the
President of the ABA down in Texas protesting the destruction of the
national butterfly center and other important wildlife habitat by the heavy
hand of misguided attempt to protect us in the us with the very ill-advised
wall.
Others likely know of other advocacy groups beyond what I mentioned. And I
thank the moderator(s) for allowing this conversation to go a ways.
Mike Judd
Brevard but soon to Tucson :-)

Join us on Facebook!