Date: 8/24/17 7:36 am
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Re: Indigo Bunting?
Sarah,
Indigo buntings breed all over the state and there are still plenty of them around. Obviously you saw an adult male, but there are many more brownish young and females around and/or moving through right now.  Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:23 AM, Sarah Haas <smhaas...> wrote:

Hi all:

Is it possible that I saw an indigo bunting in the area just the other day?
I saw the email about the migratory birds heading over, and this wasn't an
eastern bluebird. But I've seen indigo buntings before and it didn't
initially strike me as that...but the more I think about it the more I
think that's what it was.

Do buntings come up to PA at this time of year?

Sarah

Join us on Facebook!