Date: 8/23/17 7:58 pm
From: <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] One off the bucket list(barn owls, Chickasaw County)
Heard several owl calls outside my house in Alta Vista this evening-Mostly the typical great horned and barred owls, but also what could only be a barn owl screech. Followed the calls to the source, was able to see one of them, definitely a barn owl. Heard more of them so it looks like there are at least 3, possibly as many as 5 near our grain elevator. Hopefully the bigger ones don't eat these ones-they're high enough up to be safe from most everything but bigger raptors.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista
Chickasaw County