Date: 8/23/17 7:12 pm
From: zzedpowers <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh, Ft Wayne
Kimberly Miser sent me pictures of a Common Gallinule nest just off the Continental Divide Trail on the south side of Eagle Marsh. I went out this afternoon to try to take my own photos. However, in spite of Kim's directions, I couldn't find it. I learned from Birds of North America that the chicks leave the nest with 12-24 hours of hatching, so Kim was lucky enough to be there at just the right time.

I did see gallinules in the area, and on my way I saw a Stilt Sandpiper and a Wilson's Phalarope, so it was a rewarding trip anyway.

Eagle Marsh, Allen, Indiana, US
Aug 23, 2017 4:15 PM - 5:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.3 mile(s)
Comments: 77 F, partly cloudy, moderate wind
25 species

Canada Goose 100
Mute Swan 5
Wood Duck 3