Date: 8/23/17 5:03 pm
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Fort Mason Migrants
For the first two hours this morning, I saw no migrants, but then a wave came into the garden. The most unusual was a BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER that had no tail https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/36369458780/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/36369458780/in/dateposted-public/ While I was photographing it, one of the three juvenile COOPER'S HAWKS in the area tried, without success, to catch it. A previous attempt may explain the missing tail. A TOWNSEND'S WARBLER - my first of fall - showed up on the north side of the garden. The BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER is still present - found on the east side of the garden. There were at least 8 WILSON'S WARBLER, 1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER and 10 YELLOW WARBLERS, for a total of five warbler species this morning. Spotted at least four PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS (three in the garden, and one in the Battery). A SHARP-SHINNED HAWK and a WARBLING VIREO rounded out the list of migrants.

Join us on Facebook!