Date: 8/23/17 3:28 pm
From: <gkoprs...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Coal Oil Point
Hi all,

Last evening at 6 PM, I went to the Dune Pond, but neither the Pectoral nor Solitary Sandpipers were present. A LESSER YELLOWLEGS was foraging in the pond, while the continuing RED KNOT was actively feeding on the beach near the trail leading to the Dune Pond. An ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER was interesting to see in this coastal region.

This morning at 11 AM, I went back to the Dune Pond, and saw one juvenile PECTORAL SANDPIPER feeding in the mud on the northeast corner. The LEYE from yesterday was still present. As I walked back to the beach, I again saw the ATFL flying around the area. The REKN continued as well, this time on the beach near the Point.

Good birding,
Jasen Liu

Join us on Facebook!