Date: 8/23/17 3:24 pm
From: Lowell Johnson <ljohnson...>
Subject: Red-necked Phalarope
On Monday, 8/22/17), I spotted one and possibly two Red-necked Phalaropes in the large water puddles past the waste lagoon in the K-State beef farm. Due to the distance I was not sure what I was seeing with my 8x40s. So I took some photos using my camera with extended telephoto and confirmed the identification of one. I have posted one picture on my Flickr photo site.

(flickr.com/photos/lbjbirds)

Dan Hoobler mentioned our communications about this bird on earlier posts. At the time I thought the one that I photographed was a juvenile, but examination of my pictures later suggested that I was a winter plumage adult as it showed no buff. Sorry that it took so long to get this photo posted.

Great Birding!

Lowell Johnson, Manhattan

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to