Date: 8/23/17 2:44 pm
From: L Fandrei <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] (LAKE) Gibson Woods Nature Preserve Wed Hike-Swainson's Thrush
Today we began walking for migrants in our Woods.  We generally saw the same short cast of characters, but did see 2 Swainson's Thrushes and one Flycatcher we weren't willing to make a final call on.  We did NOT hear Blue-gray gnatcatchers or common yellowthroats today, which have been regulars throughout the summer.
Species list for 8/23/17Red-tailed HawkRuby-throated HummingbirdMourning DoveRock DoveDowny WoodpeckerRed-bellied WoodpeckerEastern Wood PeweeEmpidonax species (1) nice eye ring,  yellow wash on breast and bellyChimney SwiftBlue JayBlack-capped ChickadeeWhite-breasted NuthatchAmerican RobinSwainson's Thrush (2)Gray CatbirdNorthern CardinalRed-winged BlackbirdCommon Gracklebrown-headed CowbirdBaltimore Oriole -continuing.  (Yesterday 3 males, 1 female at same time)Eastern TowheeHouse SparrowHouse FinchAmerican Goldfinch
We will walk at 9:30 each Wednesday through the end of SeptemberLoyce FandreiHighland

Join us on Facebook!