Date: 8/23/17 9:02 am
From: Pamela Hunt <phunt...>
Subject: [NHBirds] POSSIBLE Anhinga in Laconia
Greetings birders,

I just got off the phone with a woman in Laconia who thinks she might have an Anhinga in the Winnipesaukee River. She mentioned a thin pointy yellow bill and "white stripes" in the wings. To date there have been no confirmed reports of Anhinga in NH, and we always have to be worried about cormorants in such situations, but with pelican, booby, and albatross records this summer almost anything seems possible.

To that end, any birders in the greater Laconia area are encouraged to go look for this bird and let the rest of us know what might be found! It has been seen perching on a yellow river marker of some sort behind River's Edge apartments at 126 Union Ave. I have no idea what access is like from this side, but the opposite side of the river has parking and perhaps better general viewing.

The woman's name is Jane Brown, and was happy to have people call if they were in the area looking for the bird. Her number is 603-534-1962.

Good birding,

Pamela D. Hunt, Ph.D.
Avian Conservation Biologist
New Hampshire Audubon
84 Silk Farm Road
Concord, NH 03301

(603) 224-9909 x328
<phunt...><mailto:<phunt...>

___

Please consider making a donation to support the work of the Conservation Department<http://nh-audubon-nature-store.myshopify.com/collections/program-support/products/conservation-department-general-support>

"We have a hunger of the mind. We ask for all the knowledge around us and the more we get, the more we desire."
- Maria Mitchell, 19th Century American Astronomer