Date: 8/22/17 6:41 pm
From: 'Alvaro Jaramillo' <chucao...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] SF Pelagic this Saturday - 4 spots left.
Hello all,

Lots going on offshore, with our two trips this weekend (Half Moon bay
and Bodega) chock full of birds, and ranging to include essentially all of
the diversity you can see out there this time of year. That is to say,
everything is IN! From South Polar Skuas, to Flesh-footed Shearwater, Laysan
Albatross, and four species of storm petrel, we had a great set of trips.
Our Saturday trip maintained in San Mateo county, so we did not hit the
Pioneer Canyon and areas to the north of there in SF County. Earlier this
month, those areas were very rich in bird and whale life, so we expect that
returning there within SF waters may be good this Sat. I am hoping we can
find some storm petrel numbers, including Wilson's which were common this
last Saturday slightly to the south. Weather forecasts look good for
Saturday, although it is early to know for sure.

We just have a few spots left for this trip, also a Sunday Monterey trip
is scheduled. Most of the trips in September are already sold out.

Good birding,

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo

<alvaro...> <mailto:<alvaro...>