Date: 8/22/17 9:19 am
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Nighthawks over the Village of Oregon, Dane Co.
Greg -

My suspicion is that they're coming around the west end of Lake Mendota to avoid flying over it. Jim Otto lives near Old Sauk and the Beltline, and he sometimes gets large migratory flights over his place, too. I don't seem to see the same phenomenon on the Southeast side of town, but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. I do get the odd one or two flying over my neighborhood, but I've never seen a large flight in going on 12 years in my current house (and ten years on the Northeast side before that, either.)

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.