Date: 8/21/17 7:34 pm
From: Rick Bowes <rbowes...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] OOPS! - Please ignore previous RSVP
My profound apologies to all confused by my clumsy email – and thanks to Glenn for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

This was a klutzy mistake, nothing more, and no one is to own it but me. There are a number of people who are very interested in the birds of Duxbury Beach who are not subscribers to Mass Bird. Over the years they’ve asked me if they could get a copy of what I post. I send a blind copy of the post automatically when I send the post to MassBird. So far so good. I periodically check the list to see if people are still wanting to receive it. In this case a computer crash caused the list to get corrupted and so I had to rebuild it. I sent the email out to see if everything was back in order. The problem is that I neglected to delete the MassBird address from the validation file before sending out the confirmation requests to this group of non-MassBirders – hence the odd posting – and my now having a bright red face! DUH!

That said, I’m a bit overwhelmed by the number of MassBirders who have responded favorably. Believe me, I wasn’t looking for any attaboys, and I’m humbled to have received so many and so quickly! PLEASE EVERYONE – ignore the post. As I said, nothing sinister, just a big fat goof! I’ll keep sharing whatever I can, as best I can, and I’m most grateful to Barbara and all MassBirders and Plymouthbirds listers for keeping these vehicles so vibrant and part of our lives!

Rick Bowes, Duxbury, MA

<mailto:<rbowes...> <rbowes...>

Duxbury Beach info at: http://www.duxburybeach.com/general-info/