Date: 8/21/17 2:10 pm
From: Saundra Byrd via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Eclipse no ibis yes
Not as good for eclipse as it was for ibis . As I got to the pier around 130 white ibis were flying into a cove next to wallops island .I figured it to be around 200 . After several minutes they started to head out of c cove and fly along the waters edge. Birds flew in small groups for half hour and I counted them by 5s . I counted 540 . Took photos but they stay very well hidden in the grasses to get them all in pic at once.. There were several flocks like this scattered further out near the chincoteague causeway.
Saundra byrd
Horntown va.