Date: 8/21/17 9:15 am
From: David Griffin <birdingnm...>
Subject: [ia-bird] RFI: White swans and Black swan near Floyd, Floyd Co, IA?
Hello All

I've been traveling back/forth across Iowa for work and for the past 4
months I've noticed (though never stopped) 3 swans on a large private lake
west of Hwy18 southwest of Floyd, Iowa (crossroad is Quarry Dr).

Two of the swans are white and the other is black.

I was wondering if any of you have stopped there to examine or identify
these swans to species? I know there are several recent records of Mute
swans from near Floyd/Charles City.

I won't be back that way for several weeks and won't be able to check until
September.

Thanks for any info.

--
David Griffin