Date: 8/21/17 8:16 am
From: John Kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Kosciusko Shorebird Farm update
For those interested in following shorebird numbers at the 900 S/400E site, here is a quick update as of last couple of evenings:
Numbers and diversity have dropped since the Hudsonian Godwit on Thursday, but the habitat is good. Water levels have dropped a few more inches (road still impassable) and mud flats are the next phase. We are seeing more Leasts, and anticipating new arrivals with migratory weather coming tonight and tomorrow.
I am having best looks early or at about 6 pm. This week may be a very good time to check the site as shorebirds peak. Hopefully, birders will be there every am and pm as we have seen alot of turnover within just a few hours.
Pectoral Sandpiper-70+ spread out into hard to see areas at times.
L Yellowlegs-15
G Yellowlegs-6
Least Sandpiper-6
Semipalmated Sandpiper-1