Date: 8/20/17 6:01 pm
From: Gail Coffey <gcoffeywriter...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Common Nighthawks and Chimney Swifts-Downtown Wilton
Saw 21 Common Nighthawks heading west while foraging in downtown Wilton
tonight.

Went to look for Chimney Swifts heading to roost in a large chimney at the
W.S. Packaging Company adjacent to Souhegan River. For the past two years,
we have seen more than a hundred swifts enter the chimney to roost in late
August. This year, we saw 50+ Chimney Swifts, but they did not head to the
chimney to roost. They dispersed around downtown and we were unable to
find out where they went to roost.

I hope that W.S. Packaging did not cover the access to the chimney. That
is the only reason that I can think of for why they did not use the chimney
this year. It was a large roost. I will have to do some investigation.

Gail Coffey
Wilton, NH