Date: 8/12/17 11:14 pm
From: Michael Miller <michaelmiller12001...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Piping Plover at Montrose Beach Sat PM
There was a banded Piping Plover at Montrose Beach inside the protected area around 7:30pm, Saturday. It was then flushed in a squeeze play by two groups of people simultaneously walking the beach in the protected area from opposite directions. The bird then flew towards the pier, but I couldn't relocate.
It was juvenile and had an orange band on the lower left leg and a blue band on the on the lower right leg.
I managed to get a distant photo before it flushed and later sent it over to Al Stokie. This bird may still be around.
Cheers,Mike MillerCook

Join us on Facebook!