Date: 8/12/17 8:33 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Rufus/reddish head peep at Brig
Thank you so much to Harvey for getting the word out on the interesting peep that Keith Phillips and I saw briefly at Brig this morning, just pass the Goose Marker 4. I was in no position to get the word out in a timely manner. Reason ?

Even before the dike drive ended, I was already in the mode to visit my mom and that’s where all my focus was for the day. Also, my bird brain was devoid of any wacky sense of bird humor, so why bother to write a report ? If it was not for Harvey, I would be reporting that peep as I am writing now. What good is that ? The summery of my live action view is simple.

As soon as we spotted the peep via bins, it did reminded me of that Mass Little Stint so I clicked away a few photos with the intent of getting out of the truck for a better view via a scope. But the peep flushed and we simply moved on, and I never got the second chance. I hope this answers Dave L’s question.

Regardless of the true ID of this peep, it was Harvey who got me all peeked on shorebirds and also correspondence here in JBirds. So my hope is through the collective efforts via Jersey birding community, more birds will be found and share.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>