Date: 8/12/17 6:38 pm
From: Bob Bowers <bobescribe...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Pinal County: Willow Springs Solitary Sandpiper, Cassin's Sparrows
Wednesday Rick and Nora Bowers joined us on a sweep of the Willow Springs
area to see just how many Cassin's Sparrows we could find. Between the 77
intersection with Willow Springs Road and Rattlesnake Tank we logged 53
individuals, almost all of which were singing, displaying, skylarking and
posing. One was even carrying food. They were the most common bird along
the 6 mile stretch of road, and always solitary. And speaking of solitary,
Nora found us a beautiful Solitary Sandpiper at water's edge in Rattlesnake
Tank (photos in the eBird posting), apparently the first eBird record for
this species in the Willow Springs Road area. Other notable sightings
included lots of Lark Buntings, a Plumbeous Vireo, a pair of Purple Martins
(Patterson Tank), a House Wren, Western Screech Owl and a Lazuli Bunting.
46 species total for the morning.

Bob and Prudy Bowers
SaddleBrooke, AZ

www.birdingthebrookeandbeyond.com