Date: 8/12/17 5:57 pm
From: <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Chickasaw sandhills
Spotted the cranes again this evening, spent close to half an hour watching them-same pasture as last week. The farmer came out and we talked a bit, turns out that pair has been there all summer. These two are the most tolerant cranes I've ever seen when it comes to being watched-I pulled off onto the gravel road and sat in the ditch, they just kept walking around and eating. No sign of young ones though-not sure if they'd stay with adults this long or not.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista, IA
Chickasaw County