Date: 8/12/17 5:29 pm
From: Phil Brown <nebirdsplus...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Hummingbirds and Hawks Essex, MA 08-12-17
The backyard has been an interesting spot to bird this summer with a
pair of Cooper's Hawks nesting across the street in the Pines. The young
are now out of the nest, visiting the yard and making life tough for the
squirrels, Crows and other birds that frequent the feeders.

I managed a few shots of the young Hawks and captured a few minutes of
audio from this rainy morning with the pair of young Hawks making quite
a racket while the Crows that have taken up residence in the yard and a
1/2 dozen Hummingbirds have their say, all in all a fun morning!

https://nebirdsplus.com/hawks-and-hummingbirds/

I also walked Appleton Farms this afternoon finding a leucistic Barn
Swallow hunting over the recently mowed fields off of Goodhue St, a very
light tan to white on some spots, a cool looking bird!

--
Enjoy,
Phil Brown

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become part of the silence.", Robert Lynd

Join us on Facebook!