Date: 8/12/17 3:05 pm
From: matt V. <fickity...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Yuma County birds for Saturday… Bizarre!
Good afternoon I surveyed a bunch of locations in Yuma County
today:

Mittry lake and Betty's kitchen area:

3 BLACK TERNS (juv) with 7 Forsters Terns

Mitigation area, across from the entrance to hidden Shores on the
California state line:

4 BLACK TERNS, one adult and 3 juv
A mysterious flock of shorebirds tried to land on the large water
impoundment, photos look like Wilson's phalarope. Once I edit, I will post
if the identification changes.
Black rail, Ridgway's Rail, least bittern

Dome valley feedlot

Swainsons hawk
Western Willet, semipalmated plover, spotted and Solitary Sandpiper and
lesser yellowlegs
2 SEMIPALMATED 3 BAIRDS SANDPIPERS

And for the bizarre sighting of the day… One RED-BREASTED MERGANSER was
found in the irrigation canal on the northwest side of the feedlot! Photos
obtained, I still can't believe it…

Thank you,

Matt Victoria
Mesa del Sol