Date: 8/12/17 1:34 pm
From: Keith Kamper <keithkamper...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Hooded Warbler and American Redstart at Arivaca Creek August 12
Patty Tersey and I birded Arivaca Creek this morning and were treated to an
adult male Hooded Warbler and a 1st summer male American Redstart.
Surprisingly, the creek was mostly dry save for a few very small pools
until we were about a mile from the parking lot. The Hooded was about 50
meters after where the surface flow and larger pools began; the redstart
about another 25 meters past that. We followed the creek trail, and then
dropped into the dry creek bed until we hit the water. The Hooded Warbler
was detected initially by its distinctive call note. At one point it sang
while we were watching it.

Other birds present include both Zone-tailed and Gray Hawks, Thick-billed
and Tropical Kingbirds, multiple Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and our FOS
Nashville and Orange-Crowned Warblers.

Good Birding,
Keith Kamper
Tucson, AZ