Date: 8/12/17 12:57 pm
From: <hgriffinwarbler...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Warm Springs Trail - Sun Valley 8-12-17
Hello birding friends,

Had a great morning of birding on the Warm Springs Trail up Mt. Balde in the Sun Valley Area! The two most noteworthy birds were a photographed TOWNSEND'S WARBLER, as well as a heard-only BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER. The Woodpecker was identified because I heard it calling its "pik! pik!" call multiple times, and it called in response to playback from iBird Pro - I just never managed to lay eyes on the bird this time. Full list is attached below.

Photos will be posted on my blog soon: worldbirding.travellerspoint.com

Good birding,
Henry Griffin (Ketchum, Blaine County)

Red-tailed Hawk 1
hummingbird sp. 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Black-backed Woodpecker 1 Heard clearly calling "pik! pik!" multiple times, including in response to iBird Pro tape. Has been seen at this location multiple times in the past. In the burned area about two miles up the trail from the base of the mountain.
Pileated Woodpecker 1 Heard only far down the mountain from above
Olive-sided Flycatcher 3
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 4
Dusky Flycatcher 8