Date: 8/12/17 11:40 am
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: AAS Calendar Photo Contest: Announcement of Winners and Pre-orders
Hello ARBIRDers,
We are proud to announce the front cover winner of this year's calendar photo contest. David Oakley, of Springdale, took the win with his stunning photo of a Black-crowned Night-Heron. Our runners-up this year are as follows: Vic Prislipsky, Sharon Prislipsky, Doc George, Lance Runion, Warren Harold, Larry Jernigan, Alyssa DeRubeis, and another photo by David Oakley. Our judges have chosen some BEAUTIFUL photos taken all over the Americas by talented Arkansas photographers.
The calendars will be available for purchase at the fall meeting at Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center (November 17-19, 2017), with a limit of three per person. However, we are taking pre-orders NOW. By pre-ordering, you can order as many as you want. To pre-order a calendar, send me an email at <mlpruitt24...> Please send cash or checks, made payable to the Arkansas Audubon Society, to 315 S. Mobile Ln, Apt. 3, Fayetteville, AR 72701. Calendars are $20.00 each. As you know, all proceeds go to the Iola Rea Fund, which provides outstanding Halberg Ecology Campers (and a parent or guardian) the opportunity to attend a conference.
Our information page this year will feature important birding dates for 2018 and more!
Thank you to everyone who entered this year and to those who have supported this fundraiser. Thank you also to my knowledgeable judges, Mike Martin (Cave Springs) and Charles Mills (Texarkana).
We could not have this competition without all of the supportive photographers and bird watchers in the state!
Happy birding,
Mitchell Pruitt, AAS

Join us on Facebook!