Date: 8/12/17 11:04 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Oxbow Lake, slow birding morning
There comes a time when you just can't wait for cooler weather and for waterfowl to arrive. This morning was rather slow birding. The Ruby-throated Hummingbird was flitting around in a pine tree, maybe capturing bugs? I walked through multiple spider webs along the trail from the main entrance on Oxbow Place to Eagle's Head Cove because I was looking at all the mushrooms that sprouted overnight. There usually is a pair of mature Bald Eagles that visit Oxbow Lake together, but today I could only find one of them. During the time I was there, no Osprey came fishing for the catch of the day.

My daughter's family is going to be moving to St. Mary's County, so it looks like my county list will be growing soon! Since my grandson plays football and lacrosse, there's always an opportunity to find new places to bird while watching him play.

Marcy Stutzman
Russett, MD 20724