Date: 8/12/17 6:42 am
From: <flyingcarlini...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Wachiska Audubon wetlands field trip - Sun. Aug 13
Wachiska Audubon's August field trip will take us on a scouting expedition of two wetlands in the Fremont and Valley areas. Our first stop will be the north end of Lake Wanahoo to see if any interesting shorebird migrants or eagle residents will grace us with their presence. Our second destination will be a newly discovered area near Valley that was unearthed by an astute Omaha birder who found Virginia Rails there in July to the delight of numerous birders who have subsequently birded there and had a degree of luck hearing their calls.

We'll meet at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, August 13 on the south side of the State Capitol in Lincoln, at 15th and H Streets across the street from the governor's mansion. Participants can either caravan or carpool to the wetlands. Anyone wanting to meet up at our destination can rendezvous with the group on the north end of Lake Wanahoo on Rd. O just east of its intersection with Rd. 21 around 3:30 p.m. This outing will entail mainly driving and minimal walking, however, shoes adequate for walking through vegetation may be required at our first stop. Also recommended are insect repellent, sun protection, water bottle, and binoculars and scope if you have them. There is no fee and the public is welcome.

-John Carlini, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!