Date: 8/11/17 10:07 pm
From: Clifford Cathers <cacathers...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ:08/11/17:Another Five-Striped Sparrow Spot
From Madera Canyon Road, at the bend where the dirt road goes east off the
pavement as Box Canyon Road towards Route 83 and also the Florida Work
Center, reset your trip odometer before leaving the pavement. At exactly
6.7 miles along Box Canyon Road headed east towards Route 83, I leaned an
agave stalk against one of the small yellow marker signs on the downslope
side of the road (south edge of the road). A FIVE-STRIPED SPARROW was
singing it's head off on the north facing slope (across the canyon to the
south) right before sunset. For those that know the spot, this is two
curves below (west) of the waterfall spot. By my late night reckoning,
with a weary eye, this appears to be in Pima County.

The road over to Route 83 was packed with birds.

Clifford A. Cathers
Vail, AZ
<AZCliffy...>