Date: 8/11/17 4:16 pm
Subject: Orangeburg Sod Farms, 8/11/17
I visited the Orangeburg Sod farms today. I did not relocate the
Hudsonian Godwit found by Rodger. I thought I might be a day late on
that one. There is still a lot of water on the sod farms. Most are
small puddles, but the Weycourt Drive field had a mini-lake. There
were two Willets on that "lake". Roads are all passable, but avoid
the large puddles-one could easily get stuck. I did all the farms at
least twice. There was a lot of bird movement as the workers were out
in several places. The Jumbo Road farms are either soy bean or corn.
The rest were all sod.

Other shorebirds:

Pectoral Sandpipers-small to medium numbers on most of the fields.
100 plus total.
Semipalmated Sandpipers-6
Least Sandpipers-2
Lesser Yellowlegs-1
Solitary Sandpiper-2 (back part of Riley Farm)
Killdeer-medium numbers on most fields

Chris Feeney
Martinez, GA

Join us on Facebook!