Date: 8/11/17 3:23 pm
From: Mark Brogie <mabrogie...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Another Summer Tanager - Knox County
Ellen and revisited the area where I found a male Summer Tanager on 08/09/17.
We did not find the male bird, but did observe a female/imm. Summer Tanager (photo in my NEBirds album).
The presence of this bird suggests that these birds were breeding in the area and would represent a significant range expansion from current know nesting locations in Nebraska.
These sightings and the singing male observed in northern Cedar County earlier in the year may suggest a northward expansion of this species.

Mark A. Brogie
Creighton, NE

Posted by: Mark Brogie <mabrogie...>

<*> Your email settings: