Date: 8/11/17 1:55 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Local birds: JeffCo and Arapahoe
I have been remiss in not posting more to CoBirds over the summer, but I
hope to get back on track. Maybe others like me who have not posted much
lately can make an effort to do so now and again. Let's keep it lively.

An early *Clay-colored Sparrow* was at Massey Draw in Ken Caryl Valley (no
public access), JeffCo this morning, along with the first migrant *Chipping
Sparrows* I've had near my home this season. Interestingly, there are no
other JerffCo records of Clay-colored entered in eBird for the 2nd week of
August. So that makes an August 11 detection kind of special.

On Aug 9 a female *Orchard Oriole* made a brief visit to my yard at Ken
Caryl Valley, fitting a pattern with 3 prior detections there from late
July to mid-August.

On Aug 9 a single *Pygmy Nuthatch *was in a pine at St. Mary Church in
Littleton, ARA. This was my first for Littleton. It flew off to the north
and was no doubt a post-breeding dispersant.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO