Date: 8/11/17 1:52 pm
From: Janeal Thompson <janealthompson...>
Subject: [cobirds] Swallow-tailed Kite in Lamar (Prowers Co) CO 11Aug2017
After driving the streets of Lamar for sometime, I have been unable to find
the Swallow-tailed Kite. There was an extraordinarily large kettle of
Mississippi Kites flying over Willow Creek Park at 1:30 p.m., I am
guesstimating close to 100 or more, high in the air and slowly moving south
but I didn't see the large fork-tailed kite among them. On the west side
of town where the kite was found yesterday, there were a few Mississippi
Kites roosting in trees--count of 23.

We have low clouds today and are expecting more rain. Whatever the kites
are gleaning is flying high (dragonflies(?)). The hailstorm, yesterday,
did a lot of damage to houses, yards, crops and birds, especially doves.

I was finally able to download Bryant Will's photos of the Swallow-tailed
taken when he first saw the bird. Unfortunately, they were in my "spam"
file and I didn't see them until this morning. My apologies to Bryant.

Janeal Thompson
Lamar, CO

Virus-free.
www.avg.com