Date: 8/11/17 6:40 am
Subject: American Redstarts and Black-and-White Warbler, Pamlico County, NC
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to spot a female American Redstart while on my morning birdwalk. I took one photo, out-of-focus but sufficient for ID, and had several good looks through the binoculars. I also saw the red spots of the male flash past as I switched from camera to binoculars.

Happily, this morning Christine Root joined me and we located and watched the female for several minutes, busily feeding in the understory. And then a Black-and-White Warbler joined the mixed flock. Neither of these Warblers is showing up in the eBird Bird Observations bar chart as having been seen previously in Pamlico County in August. Pictures will be posted to the CBC Photo Gallery.

Pauline Sterin
Arapahoe, NC

Join us on Facebook!