Date: 8/10/17 5:19 pm
From: 'Dan Stringer' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Ramah Res (El Paso Co), Chico Basin (Pueblo Co) 8-9-17
Sorry for the late post,
At Ramah Reservoir yesterday (El Paso Co) there were six species of
Sandpipers, it took me over 2 hours of walking to find them all: I counted
8 Least, 4 Bairds, 6 Semi-palmated, 2 Pectoral, 2 Stilt, 1 Solitary. No
Spotted Sandpipers. Also four Black Terns. Dropped down to Chico Basin
Ranch (fee area), the roads were awful from heavy rains day/night before so
I didn't get around very much. In the area south of headquarters, which I
believe is in Pueblo County, I saw more Common Nighthawks than I've ever
seen, I quit counting at 80 +. The only other thing noteworthy to me was at
Ramah, Chico, and the roads between, I saw 25 + or - Loggerhead Shrikes.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO