Date: 8/9/17 8:32 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Hummingbird Id help/Manzanita-Tillamook
you have an eye for hummers Beverly.
what about black-chinned?
this would be extremely rare and a difficult identification.
the jizz seems too slender to me for a costa's but that's pretty subjective
and immature Anna's is always the most likely possibility.
I think within the black chin range this would not be a controversial ID
but that's not Manzanita
try to get photos of the spread tail if possible.

bob obrien

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017, Beverly Hallberg <mapsout...> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I took some pictures of this hummingbird in my backyard in Manzanita on
August 3rd. It looks very much like the Costa's Hummingbird female that
visited my backyard last year between August 7 - 28. I was hoping to get
more pictures of it, but I've not seen it again yet. There are regular
hummingbird wars over the 3 feeders that are out.
> Any thoughts on identification? 4 pictures are in a Flickr album.
> https://flic.kr/s/aHsm669xj3
>
> Thanks, Beverly

Join us on Facebook!