Date: 8/9/17 4:10 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] BRIDLED, Black, Royal Terns
8/9. Five of us birders were at Falkner Is. by boat today (thanks to captain Chris Wood, and boat renter Buzz Devine) from 1:00-3:20. We had the good fortune to see the rare adult BRIDLED TERN on and off from 2:00-3:20. It was seen along the rocky shoreline, or in flight at all corners of the island; not always easy to pick out from a bobbing boat. We also saw 1-2 BLACK TERNS and about 12 ROSEATE TERNS on the island- among an estimated 1600 COMMON TERNS.

During the ride back to the dock, we found a ROYAL TERN resting on a small rock isle about 1/2 mouth south of the Guilford shoreline.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone